How Much Does a Conservatory Cost?
It is difficult to give an exact price of a conservatory because there are so many options available.
Below you will find conservatory roof prices for some of the most popular styles of conservatory that can be created using Ultraframe conservatory roofing systems:
- Georgian Style 4000mm x 4000mm £12,500 - £22,000
- Lean-to Style 3000mm x 3000mm £10,500 - £17,000
Please note that these prices are for guidance only and have been arrived at assuming the following general specification and circumstances:
- Ideal ground, which is level and easy to dig
- No drainage/soil stacks to move
- Gutters on conservatory link to existing house system
- 450mm deep foundations on concrete strip/insulated base
- 600mm fair faced masonry to external/internal walls
- White uPVC frames(reinforced if necessary) to include 4 top light openers and one pair of doors with white handles
- Windows and doors to feature multi-point locking
- Glazing to side walls to be toughened 24mm or 28mm sealed units in clear glass
- White pre-finished internal window boards Ultraframe conservatory roof with performance glass
- Float finish to floor slab, ready to accept carpet or tiles 2 double power sockets included
- A full quotation will be available from your prospective installer following discussions about your particular requirements
- Individual circumstances, including the time of year and where you live in the country, will change these guide prices.
Conservatory prices - what to consider?
When you're considering having a conservatory built, you need to carefully weigh up the practicalities of such a project by considering:
- Price. What will it cost? How will you pay for it? What additional costs might be involved, such as building/cosmetic work to the adjoining conservatory site, tidying up the garden, furniture etc?
- Specification. What kind of roof do you want on the conservatory? Glass, Tiled, Solid? What windows and doors do you want? What size and shape do you want your conservatory? Where on your house do you want it locating? are you going to open it up to the house so there are no doors between the conservatory and the adjoining room? (making the conservatory a glazed extension)
- Payback.How much value will it add to your house? How can you use your budget to maximise the selling price of your house so that your investment is worthwhile?
- Practicalities. How much planning is required by you? Will you have to temporarily rearrange the way you live or alter the layout of your home? Will you require planning permission?
- How long it will take?When do you want it completed by? How will the weather and time of year affect building timescales?
By choosing an Ultra Installer all these questions will be answered for you in one-to-one discussions and in the full proposal you will receive from any prospective installation company. This will include the price for your conservatory, drawings and timescales to ensure you know exactly what's involved.
Ultraframe components make things practical for you too because they are engineered and manufactured off site to your specifications and your postcode. This means that the installation is fast, less messy than a traditional build and less dependent on the weather.
Conservatory Prices: What’s On Offer?
Our conservatories have been refined and enhanced over the years to operate as a leading home improvement solution. We offer you a home improvement solution that enables you to remain comfortable throughout the year. You’ll be able to stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer, for quality that remains accessible throughout the year.
All of our conservatory systems achieve leading standards of thermal efficiency, security, durability, weather protection to ensure you get the very best choice for your home. We offer the following shapes: ‘Lean-To’, ‘Georgian’, ‘Hip Back Georgian’, ‘Gable’, ‘3 Bay Victorian’, ‘5 Bay Victorian’ and ‘Tudor’ so you’re sure to find the perfect addition for your home. The conservatory prices can change depending on the options and shape you choose.
Our conservatories, whether they are fitted with the Classic conservatory roof, the Ultraroof or the Livinroof, offer a timeless look that means they can effortlessly complement any property style or size. It doesn’t matter if your home is modern, traditional, heritage, period or new build, your nearest Approved Ultra Installer will the ideal option for you.
You can choose from a range of conservatory enhancements to add to the design of your conservatory. All these will effect the price of your conservatory but will also enhance your home and living space and will add value to your property.
Our conservatories feature our patented insulating internal pelmet that enables them to achieve a heightened degree of heat retention. Not only does this pelmet help to ensure your comfort, you can also opt for the fitting of lighting or speakers for a bespoke finish that allows you to make your house a home.
This internal pelmet also allows our conservatory systems to offer you a completely ‘room-like’ feel. Many homeowners have expressed concerns that their old conservatories don’t’ feel like they are part of their home. With our conservatory designs, you’ll be able to enjoy a completely seamless addition that feels part of your property.
Our conservatories can also comprise of our innovative super insulated columns, and intelligent feature that enables you to enjoy a bespoke standard of generous glazing areas without compromising on conservatory quality, safety or thermally efficient. These columns truly are a contemporary option for homeowners to enjoy.
Inspired by the aesthetics of the classic architecture from the Italian Renaissance, our super insulated columns allow you to enjoy all the benefits of period charm in a way that has been brought up to date to meet modern standards. In line with this, these columns are five times more thermally efficient than their brick pier counterparts reducing heating costs and making your conservatory cosy.
Opt for a coloured conservatory that complements or contrasts with the other frames on your home to add a real wow factor. Grey is very popular at the moment and can add an element of contemporary style to your home.
Add a stylish Cornice to smooth and style the roofline of your conservatory and hide gutters from view.
Will Your Investment Pay Back?
Adding a conservatory to your home will make your home more appealing to potential buyers, often making it sell faster and sometime for more. Strictly speaking however a traditional conservatory with no thermal enhancements is not classed as ‘habitable space’ and does not add to the footprint of the house.
Using thermal enhancements from Ultraframe like Ultraroof, Livinroof, Ultrasky roof, internal pelmets or super-insulated columns can make your conservatory thermally efficient enough to be classed as an extension.
According to the Estate Agency Survey, extensions can add between 5% and 7% to the value of your home, but those with a significant amount of natural light flooding through the roof will add significantly more value at around 10%
To get the best conservatory prices consult your local Ultra Installer.