Adding Value to your Home
How much value does a conservatory add to your home?
Most estate agents will agree that adding a conservatory to your home will typically add around 5% to its value. So, if your home is worth £200,000 and you add a conservatory that costs £10,000, your home's new value will be £210,000. This shows that a conservatory is a home improvement that does add value to your home as you can recoup your investment - and potentially more if you plan it well. Read on to find out how.
While there are many reasons for adding a conservatory to your home, including the desire for extra space and light, adding value is a key driver for many homeowners. Many people wonder ‘how much value does a conservatory add?’. If you are hoping to increase the value of your property by 5% with the addition of a conservatory, read on. This article provides useful hints and tips that will help to answer how much value a conservatory will add to your property.
Adding value to your home with a conservatory
A conservatory is a pleasure to spend time in for all sorts of reasons. They are bright, airy, relaxing spaces where you can enjoy the views of your garden, as well as the comforts of your home. It's an especially exciting time when a conservatory is newly built and it will soon become the hub of your home – especially if you have decided to open your conservatory up to the adjoining rooms and make it open plan.
The way that your conservatory makes you feel will also be the same for potential home buyers if you were to put your home on the market. A beautifully designed conservatory is often regarded as a house's key selling point. Although you should always take advice from an estate agent before you invest, many will advise you that good quality conservatories can add £5,000 to £10,000 to the value of your home. With such a great recommendation on how much value will a conservatory add to your home, what do you need to consider?
Top 3 things to consider when adding a conservatory to your home to add value.
1. The first thing is to make sure you buy a good quality product that will stay looking good as the years go by. How much value will a conservatory add to my property is a question that can only be truly maximised if you have invested well in the first place. Be sure to choose a technically advanced conservatory roof system such as those by Ultraframe. It's also very important to choose a reputable conservatory installer who will complete your conservatory build with care. This will ensure a conservatory that looks beautiful and is a warm, inviting room to spend time in. These two things together will inevitably result in a conservatory that adds value to your home.
2. The second thing to think about when planning a conservatory with a question such as how much value does a conservatory add to your house in mind is style. To ensure that you can answer how much value does a conservatory add to your property with confidence and that the answer will be a figure you are happy with, choose something with wide appeal that complements your house. This will usually end up boosting its value by more. So, for example, if you live in a very modern home, a traditionally styled conservatory would add less value to your home than a modern conservatory which is in keeping with the design of your home.
3. Thirdly, location, location, location! If you’re asking yourself how much value a conservatory adds to your house, think very carefully about the position of your conservatory during the planning process. The 3 key things to consider in terms of conservatory location, if you’re thinking about how much will a conservatory add to your home are:
· Maximise your views. To ensure that your conservatory adds maximum value to your home, make sure it’s positioned to take advantage of the best view you have. This might be your garden, the hills, a river or whatever is the most pleasing aspect.
· A south-facing conservatory is always a stronger selling point, although, with the latest conservatory technology which means that conservatories can be used all year round, this is less of an issue. It is, however, something that buyers look for as many are not aware that modern conservatories are rooms for all seasons. Therefore, it is still a great feature to ensure that you have thought about how much value does a conservatory add.
· Think carefully about the position of your new conservatory in relation to your neighbours if you want to get the most out of how much value can I add to my home with a conservatory. For example, your installer may advise on a brick wall on the side nearest to your neighbour if your conservatory will lie on the boundary to provide privacy.
Advantages of Conservatories
Even if you don't want to move in the immediate future, increasing the value of your home with a conservatory can have big advantages. Effectively increasing your equity, it can give you more financial flexibility. Of course, you're also getting value from it as you spend time in it and enjoy it. But if moving isn't an immediate plan, think carefully about how you decorate your new room.
Don't use carpets or wood floors that will fade in the sun and lose their appeal. Look for a product that isn't going to be challenging to maintain in good condition.
Every home looks brighter and more beautiful with the addition of a well-chosen conservatory. It's an investment you're unlikely to regret. Due to their intelligent and modern design, all of our conservatory styles offer you a living area that you can enjoy all year round, no matter what the weather. This means that you’ll be warm and cosy on a cold rainy day, and you’ll be cool and comfortable on a hot summer afternoon.
Tried, tested and trusted, our conservatory styles are sure to satisfy across the board. Of course, they are also your best option for ensuring that you know how much value a conservatory will add to your home.
The best conservatory style to add value to your home
To make sure you get the perfect style for your home, we offer three distinct conservatory styles; Classic, Designer and Performance. Each of these conservatories offers its own unique standard of quality and aesthetics. This means your new conservatory will be the ideal new addition to your home that will look beautiful and add value.
It doesn’t matter if your home is traditional, modern, period, heritage or new build, we’ll have a conservatory that suits. Of course, the style of conservatory that you choose will not only have an impact on how you live in your conservatory and what it looks like, but it will also be an important factor in determining how much value a conservatory will add to your property.
For your complete peace of mind, all of our conservatory styles are accompanied by an Ultraframe Certificate of Authenticity to indicate their quality and performance. We also project manage and handle any ‘red tape’ throughout the installation to ensure a smooth and efficient process. It’s never been easier to enjoy an unrivalled standard of quality that cannot be found anywhere else in the industry – and ensure that you are adding the most value possible to your home with the addition of your conservatory.
Market-leading conservatory technology
We mentioned briefly at the beginning of this article about choosing the best quality conservatory you can afford. This is extra important if you are concerned about how much value will a conservatory add to your house.
Due to our investment in the research and development of our conservatory systems, they are manufactured using premium-grade materials, techniques and designs. This means that not only do they achieve an unrivalled standard of quality and performance, they also boast an impressive lifespan that ensures they will continue to perform for many years. This is still true even after extensive use and prolonged exposure to the elements. Of course, it also means that if in time, you put your home on the market, you will soon find a pleasing answer to how much value can a conservatory add.
Featuring thermal performance glass, our conservatories offer you a highly comfortable living space. They are also an economical and environmentally friendly addition to your home. Due to their standard of heat retention, our conservatories maintain the heat from your central heating and minimise heat loss and high heating bills. This also means that you’ll be able to lower your carbon footprint across the year.
The thermal performance of Ultraframe conservatories can be enhanced further with the addition of an internal pelmet and our unique super-insulated columns. These products combine to bring a warm and cosy interior. Our super-insulated columns can be fitted with either a flat or fluted infill panel for a modern or traditional look.
Find Your Nearest Conservatory Installer
We pride ourselves on offering a standard of service that revolves around professionalism, reliability, efficiency and expertise. All our Ultraframe specialists have been assessed and vetted before they are approved, which means you’ll be able to enjoy a high standard of quality and complete peace of mind.
Finding your nearest Approved conservatory installer is made easy with our efficient system. They will work closely with you to ensure you get the perfect conservatory for your home to suit your budget, taste and requirements for lasting quality. Of course, a high-quality installation will also help to boost the value of your conservatory and your home.