We understand that investing in a new home improvement can be a big investment, and with many options on the market, how do you know how much it will cost you to upgrade? Well, there are a number of factors that can contribute to the overall price, so read on to find out just what these factors will be.
Firstly, you need to consider exactly how much remedial work needs to be done on your conservatory. You have three options;
- Re-roof: Because most of the heat in a conservatory is lost through the roof, re-placing the roof is the lowest cost option, with a big impact on thermal performance. Every Ultraframe roof is designed to fit on existing frames and ideal for a conservatory upgrade – our solid roofs are the lightest on the market for peace of mind if sitting on existing frames.
- Replace: If your existing window frames are looking tired, you may want to replace your frames alongside your roof. Doing this can really modernise the appearance of your conservatory, especially if you switch to contemporary grey shades.
- Re-build: If you wish to change the footprint of your conservatory or perhaps replace dwarf walls with large spans of doors or full height glazing, you may choose to re-build your entire conservatory. This opens up endless design options to make your new room unique and bespoke to you.
Re-roofing is the cheapest option and re-building the most expensive and Ultraframe offer 4 different options to change the roof. These are listed in order of their cost and thermal performance with the lowest first;
- Performance glass roof: With a U-value of 1, using high performance Conservaglass to replace the existing glass will have a big impact if your conservatory has old glass or polycarbonate.
- Thermally enhanced glass roof: Add an insulated pelmet around the perimeter of your conservatory where the windows meet the roof. Filled with rockwool this will give your performance glass conservatory a premium room like feel and add extra warmth. Why not add an insulated central lighting panel at the ridge. Not only will this prevent heat loss at a critical point of heat loss in the roof, but it provides a place to hang a statement pendant light to add glamour to your room or light a dining table.
- Livinroof: This contemporary solid roof is a hybrid design of urban grey panels and glass panels. Use Livinroof to re-create the shape of your existing roof with a stunning internal plastered look with shaped glazing panels.
- Ultraroof: The lightest solid roof on the market in terms of weight with the best thermal performance (U-value of 0.16) and the most authentic looking tile. Unlike other solid conservatory roofs, Ultraroof is so strong it never needs a tie bar.
Whichever option you choose to upgrade your conservatory, the great news is that you will reduce your heating bills and be able to use your conservatory all year round. The best way to make sure all of these bases are covered is to get in touch with your nearest Approved Ultra Installer who will provide you with a detailed quote and explain your upgrade options. By choosing a member of our specialist network, you’ll be able to book a one-to-one discussion that answers any questions you may have. Along with the full proposal, you’ll also receive costing, timescales and drawings for your home improvement project.
Find Your Nearest Approved Ultra Installer
Use our innovative tool to find your nearest approved Ultra Installer, today. This way, you’ll be able to get a professional quote for your conservatory upgrade in a quick, simple and easy way.