Classic Conservatory Roof Case Study
The Ultraframe Classic system has been around since 1983 and is the original conservatory roofing system. While there are millions of conservatories across the UK featuring Classic roofs, many installers, such as Vale Glazing, now also use Classic to create contemporary conservatory extensions, such as this one in South Wales.
The client lives in a 1950’s detached house which had a gable style conservatory that was in need of updating. Their brief to Justin Maunder and the team at Vale Glazing was to use the existing footprint and create a new, energy efficient, contemporary living space which was open plan to the rest of the home.
Justin and his team set to work designing a new, contemporary living space to replace the old conservatory and designed a beautiful extension featuring a Classic roof. Inside, the extension features an insulated internal pelmet which adds a stunning feature to room while also enhancing the energy efficiency and ensuring a warm, cosy room that can be enjoyed all year round.
From the outside, the old dwarf wall and French doors have made way for a huge picture window and contemporary sliding doors. Rendered in K-Rend with windows, doors and Classic Roof all finished in ever-popular anthracite grey and the result is a stunning, warm, modern new room.
Explaining more about the project, Justin said: “We choose Ultraframe obviously because of the quality of the products. The clients gave me free reign with the design, and they are over the moon with the finished result.”
Developed over the last 38 years and engineered to postcode for every installation, the Classic Roof provides the ultimate in quality, reliability, configurability - making it the go-to solution for every conceivable glass conservatory roof design.
Classic was the first conservatory roof system to be granted BBA approval over 25 years ago and still carries the accreditation today. The system features numerous patented features such as:
• Trickle ventilation in the ridge to carry stale, moist air to the roof apex for venting outside
• Chambered top caps which improve thermal performance, reduce the risk of condensation and resist bowing or twisting
• Multi chamber 'wine glass' shape aluminium glazing bars offers more torsional rigidity and solid, secure jack rafter connections
• Patented twinbolts to secure every bar in place
• Patented adjustable Speedlock optimises glazing bar compression and make the roof simple to fit ensuring a fast fit, first time, every time
• Triple layer Stormshield at radius end
New and available now for 2021 are brand new enhancements to the Classic Roof, including a Bi-Fold Support Beam and Super Bolster, Thermally Broken Slimline Ridge, Chambered Box Gutter and an Enhanced Structural Design Guide.