Glass Box Extension Inspiration
Are you looking for a glass box extension because you love light? Ultraframe can offer a wide range of exciting contemporary and classic designs that will make your home improvement project a huge success.
Find out how to create stunning glass box extensions that will help you make the most of the space you have while rewarding you with a unique and thermally efficient design that’ll add market appeal to your home.
Glass Box Extension Idea No. 1 - Let In the Light With An Ultrasky Lantern
Discover an orangery roof solution with a difference when you explore our Lantern Orangery. This design option features our Ultrasky Lantern and uses fewer and slimmer bars to provide clear views of the sky above and let in as much light as possible.
The Ultrasky Lantern can cope with spans from 1000mm x 1500mm to 4000mm x 5850. Make the most of your glass box extension by using bi-fold or patio doors that are extensively glazed and open to almost threshold length – making your room bright.
Enjoy a bright and spacious-feeling room like the one pictured below. You can see how stylish the Ultrasky roof is and how it works with the reflective surfaces to deliver light.
Create a house extension that’s designed for indoor and outdoor living by:
- Using super-insulated columns to create an authoritative effect (while enjoying thermal retention levels five times higher than a brick pier of identical size)
- Installing spotlights and speakers into your flat roof to make it more like a room – meaning your orangery-style room will feel more like an extension of your home
- Using multiple lanterns to focus the light in different areas of your room. For example, you could highlight a dining room table or a seating area to break up space
Glass Box Extension Idea No.2 - Use Full-Height Glazing With a Glass Conservatory Roof
If you want a glass box extension that’s more like a conservatory, you’ll be able to achieve your design aims with our Performance Conservatory. Choose this option to experience the benefits of our Classic Roof, which is extensively glazed and designed to maximise light entry into the space below it.
You’ll benefit from light from all other angles, too. The Performance Conservatory permits the use of full-height glazing, which will further enhance the sense of space in your room. Use flat super-insulated columns to create a modern design or fluted ones to create a traditional effect.
Turning your Performance Conservatory into a living space is possible, as you can see in the picture below.
Glass Box Extension Idea No. 3 - Use Our Quantal Roof To Create a Glazed Extension
Our Quantal roof is made from aluminium. It uses thinner bars to create better views and can be used to add style to your glass box extension and works just as well with conservatories and orangeries – so you’ll be able to explore a range of design options.
Your glass box extension needn’t be small. If you want to make the most of the acreage in your garden, the Quantal will enable you to build a wider-spanning structure that can be used to open up your room to the outside – rewarding you with expansive views.
If you want to maximise light penetration, our super-insulated columns combined with full-height glazing would work together to create a modern effect and make your room feel larger.
The Quantal works effectively with a range of roof shapes. If space is limited, you could use lean-to conservatory design. Its square shape would allow you to maximise the room available.
An almost endless choice of colours can be accessed to customise your glass box extension. This makes the Quantal ideal for conservation areas where design restrictions apply.
This close up shot of the Quantal reveals how it can cope with wide spands to deliver stunning views, in this case created by bi-folding doors.
Glass Box Extension Idea No. 4 – Glass Lean-To Extension
An exceptional way of increasing the light in your home, whilst creating a new space that can be used for any purpose is to install a glass lean-to extension.
This extension is perfect for any type of home, whether it is modern or traditional. The clean lines are sure to suit all types of property.
Lean-to extensions create large amounts of space, with ample amounts of natural light, making sure you are comfortable inside your home.
With a simple yet effective shape, this Mediterranean style is ideal for transforming the silhouette of your home.
The versatility of the glass lean-to extension means you can choose the angle at which you have the roof, making it perfect for bungalows and terraced homes.
- Maximise the light that enters your home and create a seamless connection between your home and the outside world by installing a set of beautiful bi-fold doors. Made with slim sightlines and larger window panels, you will benefit from an exceptionally high amount of natural light entering your home.
- Using a dark colour scheme inside your home may make it darker than you intended. By using a lighter colour on the walls to match or complement the rest of your home, you can create a brighter area.
- It is very tempting to fill your new space with a variety of furnishings once installed. However, by keeping it minimalistic, you are allowing the light to full the entirety of the room, making it lighter and more spacious.
- Depending on the type of home you have, you can choose the angle at which your lean-to extension roof is positioned to optimise the amount of light entering your home.
Glass Box Extensions: FAQs
What glazing do you use in your glass box extensions?
We use high-performance glazing in our designs. This means that the glass will limit solar entry by up to 83% but also stop essential heat escaping when it’s cold.
How long does it take to install a conservatory?
It won’t take long to install your conservatory. Our roof systems are pre-fabricated off-site, so minimal work will be needed on-site. Timescales will vary, depending on specification.
Will my glass box extension include a guarantee?
Your glass box extension will be covered by a guarantee, regardless of which product you choose from our portfolio.
Find a Glass Box Extension Installer Near You
Use our search tool to find an approved Ultra Installer near you. You can also use our VR tool to step inside our conservatories, orangeries and extensions to discover their features and benefits. If you like an image, save it to your Scrapbook to refer to later – on your laptop, mobile device or home computer.