- Certificate Of Authenticity
- Conservatory FAQs
- 3D Conservatory Designer
- Personalising Your Conservatory
- Cost & Practicalities
- Conservatory Jargon Buster
- Conservatory Guide
- Conservatory Testing
- Conservatory Roofs
- Conservatory Aftercare
Cost & Practicalities
When you're considering having a conservatory built, you need to carefully weigh up the practicalities of such a project by considering:
- Price - What will it cost? How will you pay for it? What additional costs might be involved, such as building/cosmetic work to the adjoining conservatory site? (Don't forget that a conservatory will add value to your home - see information from Ideal Home Magazine)
- Practicalities - How much planning is required by you? Will you have to temporarily rearrange the way you live or alter the layout of your home? Will you require planning permission?
- How long it will take? - When do you want it completed by? How will the weather and time of year affect building timescales?
By choosing a member of the 'Ultra Installer Scheme' all these questions will be answered for you in one-to-one discussions and in the full proposal you will receive from any prospective installation company. This will include costings, drawings and timescales to ensure you know exactly what's involved.
Below you will find guide prices for some of the most popular styles of conservatory that can be created using Ultraframe conservatory roofing systems:
Georgian Style 4000mm x 4000mm £9750 - £16000
Victorian Style 4000mm x 3500mm £9000 - £15000
Lean-to Style 3000mm x 3000mm £7000 - £11750
Please note that these prices are for guidance only and have been arrived at assuming the following general specification and circumstances:
- Ideal ground, which is level and easy to dig
- No drainage/soil stacks to move
- Gutters on conservatory link to existing house system
- 450mm deep foundations on concrete strip/insulated base
- 600mm fair faced masonry to external/internal walls
- White PVC frames (reinforced if necessary) to include 4 top light openers and one pair of doors with white handles. Windows and doors to feature multi-point locking
- Glazing to side walls to be toughened 24mm or 28mm sealed units in clear glass
- White pre-finished internal window boards
- Ultraframe conservatory roof with polycarbonate glazing
- Float finish to floor slab, ready to accept carpet or tiles
- 2 double power sockets included
A full quotation will be available from your prospective installer following discussions about your particular requirements.
Individual circumstances, including the time of year and where you live in the country, will change these guide prices.