Many existing conservatory owners are finding they love their conservatory – its flexible space, the fact that it’s a multi functional room and that the daylight in midwinter can help to banish 'the blues'... find out more about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).
But many of these homeowners want to upgrade their existing conservatory. Maybe they inherited a small conservatory and now want a bigger one?Perhaps there are technical issues with a conservatory they inherited?
We have put together four different conservatory makeover case studies, examples of how conservatory owners have tackled some of the potential issues.
Demolition of an existing conservatory and a total rebuild of a different shape.
Replacement and upgrading to a glass roof.
Keeping the base and replacement of rotting timber side frames.
Watch this short film to find out how Davinia transformed her tired lean to conservatory into an Ultraframe Orangery.
The BBC1 programme, the Cowboy Trap will also provide you with further information so you can have peace of mind when choosing an installer.
Top 10 ideas for updating your conservatory.
- Build a ‘crossover’ Orangery
- Upgrade from polycarbonate to self cleaning glass in the roof
- Put energy efficient glazing in the side frames
- Install under floor heating
- Introduce thermostat and rain sensor operated roof vent
- Change the frames on one side and add bi-fold doors or large in-line sliders
- Retrofit the Cornice decorative external shroud
- Change the colour of the conservatory
- Treat yourself to a garden makeover/decking alongside
- Make your space go further – create two rooms from your one conservatory